Whoah there, Neddy! I just asked about any tools out there already. Speccing a user tool from scratch is a way big project. A 'repository of everything' is something I'm currently working on but the tech challenges are stiff and there'll not be anything in the public zone for a while yet. As mentioned, a colleague of mine is working on a disk-based aggregator for teachers which might, depending on local circumstances, gingerly poke its head into the world in the near future. He reads this list so can pipe up on this if he fancies.

Maybe a 'repository of everything' spec is something for the wiki, but it's certainly not a discussion I was after starting the now on this list. I didn't want to poke the anthill ;)

Cheers

Fred