Hi Pat, Julian,

As far as i can tell one difference for web pages is that if the author is not attributed the Chrome extension picks up the name of the Open Attribute tool instead, wheras the firefox one doesn’t record an author.

If the author is attributed in the license metadata, both record that.

I’ll note that this is based on comparing the result i get from Phil’s blog post and one of mine (after i updated my licensing info yesterday using the licence generator on the Creative Commons site). I’ve not tried this with Flickr.

John

R. John Robertson

skype: rjohnrobertson

Research Fellow/ Open Education Resources programme support officer (JISCCETIS), Centre for Academic Practice and Learning Enhancement University of Strathclyde

Tel:    +44 (0) 141 548 3072

http://blogs.cetis.ac.uk/johnr/

The University of Strathclyde is a charitable body, registered in Scotland, with registration number SC015263