I can see the point - but still think it shouldnt be seen AS occupational health, working WITH a primary care type service is maybe fine (but I still think fraught with difficulties.  I do wonder how the provision of such a service might dilute the OH message, and also therefore reduce OH salaries..............

Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 22:47:39 +0000
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [OCC-HEALTH] Minor Illness Clinic in OH department
To: [log in to unmask]

Hello All

Well that all took me down memory lane, I too started my OH career in uniform dishing out paracetamol, syringing ears etc!!

I agree with Tracey, (got my hard hat on too!) I believe we need to embrace all things relating to employee health and attendance. We recognise absence management as within our remit, promoting attendance, well being etc. People tend to travel further to work and need more time off to visit GP, so why not welcome primary care? Not for us to deliver, but work with, where appropriate.

We should not feel threatened, as we offer a vital service, but able to recognise that other support services could compliment what we do? I just feel we should be able to move on with the times, with enough belief in what we do, so work with rather than against?

Hope to see some of you at NEC on 8th?

Best wishes
Wendy Stimson