Re: [OCC-HEALTH] MSc Program Hi Andy

Sorry to read this about the Surrey course. How are they facilitating you to finish it and gaining your MSc.

 I have been  on the “other side of the desk “ when we had to fold an MSc in Occupational Health as a result of the Course Director leaving , the person we had appointed to replace him decided not to take the post – a week before the new  students were due to start. We got the existing students through  but didn’t take on any new students.

Anne

On 28/02/2011 20:07, "Andy Heslop" <[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Sadly, they've pulled the plug on the MSc in Health Ergonomics at Surrey (half way through me doing it!).

Regards,

Andy

 From:
sandra glenn [[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]]
 Sent: 28/02/2011 19:19 GMT
 To: [log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
 Subject: Re: [OCC-HEALTH] MSc Program

Hi Lin
Have you considered Surrey uni.  They have a MSc course in OH or OH & safety.  Lecturers taking the modules were often very good and experts in the field.  I liked being able to attend uni for 1 week for each module (fairly flexible) then do an assessed piece of work for each module to be completed within about 6 weeks.  8 modules make up the post-grad Dip, then your own research study for MSc. In my opinion, it is easier and more enjoyable to attend uni than only doing distance learning working alone.  Another possibility would be to do an MSc in Health ergonomics (a separate qualification with career possibilities), Public Health or with something with psychological slant, depends on your interests and career goals.
Regards
Sandra

> Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 13:15:18 +0000
> From: [log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
> Subject: [OCC-HEALTH] MSc Program
> To: [log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
>
> Dear List
>
> Would anyone advise or recommend an appropriate MSc program relevant to OH practice. I have 2 BScs one of which is the SCPHN. Would like to do this for career development but just dont know which ones are good.
>
> Thanking you in anticipation.
>
> Lin
>
> ********************************
> Please remove this footer before replying.
>
> OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES:
> http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/occ-health.html
>
> CONFERENCES AND STUDY DAYS:
> http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/filearea.cgi?LMGT1=OCC-HEALTH

This email is confidential and may contain copyright material of the John Lewis Partnership.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately and delete all copies of this message.
(Please note that it is your responsibility to scan this message for viruses). Email to and from the
John Lewis Partnership is automatically monitored for operational and lawful business reasons.

John Lewis plc
Registered in England 233462
Registered office 171 Victoria Street London SW1E 5NN

Websites: http://www.johnlewis.com
http://www.waitrose.com
http://www.johnlewis.com/insurance
http://www.johnlewispartnership.co.uk