From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Revd Gordon Plumb
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2011 1:05 PM
Subject: Re: [M-R] England's first Christian martyr

Definitely not for the squeamish - I was reading the Chronicle of the Greyfriars of London this morning and came across an entry about a cook who was boiled in a cauldron at Smithfield ; having been hung in chains he was repeatedly lowered into and raised from the said cauldron! His offence - trying to poison John Fisher, bishop of Rochester and his servants.

Gordon Plumb