From: John Dillon <[log in to unmask]>

> The adjective "seemingly",

is actually an adverb.

>which I used in the version of this notice redacted here, has dropped out
from before "early ninth-century",

or, it would be, if it were still there.

>....thaumaturge.... Usually, someone is called that because of _thaumata_
(marvels) operated or said to have been operated in his own lifetime, e.g. St.
Gregory the Thaumaturge, bp. of Neocaesarea.  Leo's Bios has him operating
while living a number of marvels (mostly against an opponent who is also a
thaumaturge).

is there a distinction to be made between "thaumaturge" and, say "miracle
worker"?

do Terri,'s "ill doers, possibly magicians (_maleficos_)" qualify as
"thaumaturges," or is the later term reserved --rather like our "miracles"--
for the Good Guys only?

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]