*** This email has been sent from the MEDIA ARTS AND DANCE email forum. To respond to all subscribers email [log in to unmask]. ***
Dear colleagues and friends,

There are only a few more places left for the Choreographic Forum, a new initiative by the Society for Dance Research. The forum is set up to enable a grhoroup of people to meet four times a year, watch a show together and gather one week later to discuss it.

We're starting with the Forsythe Company's performance "I don't believe in outer space", performed earlier this week at Sadler's Wells. The discussion forum will take place on Wednesday 2 March, 6:30pm in the Theatre Bar at The Place in London, where there will also be an opportunity to purchase Steven Spier's book "William Forsythe and the Practice of Choreography" at a reduced rate.

Please let us know if you'd like to sign up for our inaugural session on Wednesday 2 March by emailing us at: [log in to unmask]
We would also like to hear from you if you'd like to be included in our email list, and/or if you have any propositions about future shows you might want to see and discuss.

Finally, we would like to inform you that our next session will be held in mid-April 2011 in collaboration with Independent Dance and will focus on new work presented as part of 'What Now' (more information to follow).

We look forward to hearing from you and to welcoming you at one of our meetings.

Best wishes
Efrosini Protopapa and Lise Uytterhoeven

Society for Dance Research

Choreographic Forum

The Choreographic Forum is a new initiative aiming to support an exchange of thoughts on current dance and choreography. It is set up as a series of roundtable discussions, during which we will reflect on a performance that we will have watched together, in a theatre or elsewhere in London. We will meet four times a year, and each session will begin with two short statements by two invited speakers who will then lead the discussion.

Inaugural Session:

The Forsythe Company: I don’t believe in outer space

Discussion forum: Wednesday 2 March 2011, 6:30pm

Theatre Bar at The Place, 17 Duke's Road, London, WC1H 9PY

Invited speakers: Dr. Helena Hammond & Tamara Tomic-Vajagic

Free for members of the Society for Dance Research

£7 full price / £5 concessions (students)

[SDR membership costs £30 / £26 concessions]

Lise Uytterhoeven

Lecturer and Academic Administrator

Tel 020 7520 2812

Fax 020 7837 3248