Subscribers,
I initially joined this forum  to spread the word of Cartoon Classroom, a non-profit resource designed to help libraries make use of those under-used spaces often referred to in all the fascinating, and energizing, save-the-libraries discussion and activity that's been occurring, including those recent words from my colleague, Alan Moore.
It's become obvious from that debate that the fight is definitely on for many libraries to prove their value to their community as effectively as they can by supplying as many services from it as they are able to.  So I just want to briefly remind any library personnel who are interested in expanding their services in this way, that Cartoon Classroom can put them directly in touch with people who can run entertaining workshops to aid with literacy skills, enthuse reluctant library users, and help in other ways to demonstrate the value to the general public of free access to art and literature.
I wish you all good luck!
David Lloyd,
for Cartoon Classroom.