From: lis-pub-libs: UK Public Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Wendy Taylor
Sent: 22 February 2011 14:44
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Good practice recommendations for large print and audio acquisitions

RNIB is putting together some good practice recommendations for public libraries purchasing of large print and audio.  Based on the evidence of best practice we have, RNIB is recommending that public libraries purchase:
10 hard copy audio titles per 1000 resident population per annum
20 large print titles per 1000 resident population per annum
I would be grateful for any feedback on how helpful and realistic these guidelines are.
Many thanks
Wendy

Wendy Taylor
Librarian, Bibliographic Services
RNIB National Library Service
Far Cromwell Road
Bredbury
Stockport
SK6 2SG
Tel:      0161 355 2093
Email: [log in to unmask]

Even though your eyesight might be fine, your eyes aren't necessarily healthy. An eye test could save your sight www.rnib.org.uk/happyeyes

The information in this email (and any attachment) may be for the
intended recipient only. If you know you are not the intended recipient,
please do not use or disclose the information in any way and please
delete this email (and any attachment) from your system.

The Council does not accept service of legal documents by e-mail.