Refresh your skills this spring with CILIP Training & Development.

Whether it’s for your own CPD or for your library/information service, now more than ever it seems the LIS community needs to demonstrate its value to the wider community.

Don’t forget, CILIP Members receive up to 40% discount on all our courses.

Upcoming courses this March are...

Moving into management

Learn about the practical ways to deal with difficult situations, achieving results through motivation, communication and delegation on this intensive one-day workshop.

PROGRAMME HIGHLIGHTS

·         Balancing staff and service needs

·         Employee engagement

·         Case studies and practical work

FULL DETAILS: http://www.cilip.org.uk/jobs-careers/training/pages/moving-into-management.aspx

Outcomes based planning

Learn the key concepts associated with outcomes based planning and be equipped to prepare a plan for your own organisation. This course defines and explains the planning process that focuses on delivering measurable outcomes.

PROGRAMME HIGHLIGHTS

·         Outputs, outcomes and impact: unravelling the jargon

·         Defining outcomes in the library context

·         Involving your audiences and stakeholders

·         Translating aims and objectives into operational plans

http://www.cilip.org.uk/jobs-careers/training/pages/outcomes-based-planning.aspx

Bringing a business mind to non-profit services

Changes in library and information services means the time has come for LIS staff to act in an even more commercial manner. Come and discover it’s OK to talk money and that money talks.

PROGRAMME HIGHLIGHTS

·         It’s OK to talk money

·         Getting fit for purpose – the lens of the customer

·         Defining professional knowledge and opinions in business terms

·         Cost, price and value

·         The business case

FULL DETAILS: http://www.cilip.org.uk/jobs-careers/training/pages/bringing-a-business-mind-to-non-profit-services.aspx

Managing your library budget

Understand cost centres, cashflow forecasts, financial management reporting, variance analysis and corrective measures and learn how to keep the budget on track.

PROGRAMME HIGHLIGHTS

·         Income and expenditure headings in a library budget

·         Considerations in constructing a cashflow forecast

·         Introduction to variance analysis and financial management reporting

·         Corrective measures to keep the budget on track

FULL DETAILS: http://www.cilip.org.uk/jobs-careers/training/pages/managing-library-budget.aspx

Negotiating licences for electronic products

Gain a better understanding of licence agreements and build your confidence when dealing with contract negotiation. The day will help you familiarise yourself with the layout used in typical licence agreements and the technical language or “legalese” that these agreements contain.

PROGRAMME HIGHLIGHTS

·         Contract law vs. Copyright law

·         Protecting statutory rights

·         Negotiating more favourable terms

·         Data protection and privacy

FULL DETAILS: http://www.cilip.org.uk/jobs-careers/training/pages/negotiating-licences-for-electronic-products.aspx

Designing evaluation and impact forms

Design effective evaluation tools to measure and evidence your organisation’s effectiveness. Understand the differences between outputs, outcomes and impact and consider the extent to which these can be measured through evaluation forms.

PROGRAMME HIGHLIGHTS

·         Distance travelled: why ‘before’ and ‘after’ assessment is necessary for measuring soft outcomes

·         Rickter, SOUL and Outcomes Star: tools for measuring distance travelled

·         Questionnaire design

·         Evaluating long-term impact

FULL DETAILS: http://www.cilip.org.uk/jobs-careers/training/pages/designing-evaluation-and-impact-forms.aspx

Don’t forget all CILIP Members receive a 40% discount on all our training courses.

Browse all our courses online: http://www.cilip.org.uk/training

Can’t make it to our London training venue? Why not have our training brought to you with our Onsite training programme. Any of the above courses can be delivered direct to your workplace if you have 5 or more people with training needs.

Find out more:  http://www.cilip.org.uk/onsite