I actually think Coates has shown the way to a lot of progress in formerly backward looking services. It is the frightened councils across the country who do not see the best of modern libraries and the efficiencies aready found over the last  few years that are leading us on a dangerous path back to "1911".  I worry that they will take a little of his direction and take the wrong road anyway. Good luck to Somerset Libraries and the campaigners. There is a lot of mess to be cleared up and paid for at Council level after the privatised authority fiasco.
I know I am lucky to be in Wales where we are not yet under such a wholesale threat.
Angela Haynes