Hi
We ( the Society of Chief Librarians in Wales) were particularly excited to see the article in the Guardian on 7th February  - so many excellent references to our libraries in Wales!

In the same week we also received some encouraging e-mails from some Welsh Assembly Members and MPs representing Wales in relation to the SCL  (Wales) statement we had sent them to do with potential library cuts.

It feels nice when something positive happens......Hoorah!!

More work to be done though........

Karen Mills ( on behalf of SCL Wales)

Karen Mills
Development Officer
Society of Chief Librarians (Wales)
Wrexham County Borough Council
Lambpit Street,
WREXHAM,
LL11 1AR

TEL : 01978 - 297441

>>> Frances Hendrix <[log in to unmask]> 10/02/2011 19:54 >>>
Sometimes we can be a bit serious in our campaigning so it's lovely to see something which splits your sides with laughter.  There is some swearing at the end though.  Let's hope it goes viral (the video that is, ahem, not the swearing).  Apologies if anyone has already seen it.

http://use-libraries-and-learn-stuff.blogspot.com/2011/02/hitler-attempts-to-close-libraries.html

Public Libraries News, Voices For The Library and UK Library Closures Map

"
You have to elect councillors who believe in libraries and you have to campaign in your local area to get councillors to back their library service" Mr Vaizey, Culture Minister, (January 2011+
and
yoof

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2011/feb/07/nicky-wires-library-closures-manics

  ­­