Dear all

My apologies for delay and cross posting.

Having pestered you all for most of January I then neglected to let you know
that the first results of this year's survey have now been published (at
http://www.mickfortune.com/Wordpress/?p=398).

With so many libraries rushing to invest in self-service the survey comes as
a timely reminder that RFID can do a great deal more.

Those of you interested in the whole RFID standards debate and what it might
mean for the future use of this technology in libraries have probably
already read my piece celebrating the final approval of ISO 28560 and the
hope it offers for greater competition and freedom of choice, but for a
slightly different take I recommend you all to Peter Kilborn's piece for the
BIC blog at http://bookindustrycommunication-blog.blogspot.com/

Thanks to everyone that took part. I hope you find these results
interesting. There's a lot more to come.

Mick

Mick Fortune

m. +44 (0)7786 625544

 <http://www.voicesforthelibrary.org.uk/wordpress> Make your voice heard in