Not only should a library be accessible for people with disabilities
or little means, a library should be accessible so it is used. I
cannot place enough emphasis on this. If a library is not accessible,
people with any other alternative will choose the alternative, and
that starves the library of users, and of course, of the all-important
usage figures, and the service will starve.

Also, 5 miles is a really long distance between branches in a city.
Using that formula, the Mitchell would be the only library remaining
in Glasgow, and I would not exactly call it accessible.

Cristina

On Feb 8, 2011, at 16:03, David Kenvyn <[log in to unmask]