An alternative way of charging is to be introduced in Birmingham Central
Library from April. This is to charge for a day permit, without
restriction on the number of images. Details have not quite been
finalised, but we're provisionally setting the charge as £2.00 per day.
Anyone using a digital camera already has to sign a copyright etc.
declaration and keep a log of items photographed; each item must be
approved by a member of library staff before being photographed.

Richard Abbott

Archives and Heritage
Central Library
Chamberlain Square
Birmingham
B3  3HQ

tel         0121 303 4549
fax        0121 464 1176
e-mail   [log in to unmask]

Huw Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: A forum for issues related to map & spatial data librarianship
04/02/2011 14:30
Please respond to
A forum for issues related to map & spatial data librarianship

cc

Subject
Re: Digital Camera Trial, Cambridge University Library Map Room

Anne,

Interesting that you are not charging we have been allowing this for
some time, but we do charge people.

We have recently updated our guidelines for use of reader's cameras and
the new ones can be found by following the link towards the bottom of
the following webpage: http://www.llgc.org.uk/index.php?id=readers

Huw

--
Huw Thomas, FRGS, FBCartS
Pennaeth Uned Defnyddiau Di-destun      Head of Non-Text Materials Unit

Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru            National Library of Wales
[log in to unmask]                  Ffôn / Phone 01970 632990

Un o lyfrgelloedd mawr y byd    One of the great libraries of the world
http://www.llgc.org.uk/

The information contained within this e-mail (and any attachment) sent by Birmingham City Council is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended only for the named recipient or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient please accept our apologies and notify the sender immediately, or telephone +(44)(0)121 464 4444. Unauthorised access, use, disclosure, storage or copying is not permitted and may be unlawful. Any e-mail including its content may be monitored and used by Birmingham City Council for reasons of security and for monitoring internal compliance with the office policy on staff use. E-mail blocking software may also be used. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the originator and do not necessarily represent those of Birmingham City Council. We cannot guarantee that this message or any attachment is virus free or has not been intercepted and amended.