From: A forum for issues related to map & spatial data librarianship [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Emma Mires
Sent: 03 February 2011 12:01
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Accessing data outside of the UK

Hi All,

I have recently received a query from a group of architecture students whom as part of their course will be working on high resolution maps (or digital CAD files) of cities in Europe and Asia.  I know that the Digimap resource which we subscribe to does not extend beyond the UK, but I was wondering whether anyone on the list would know of any other resources which would enable them obtain data from these areas at all?

I would appreciate any assistance or advice you could offer on this.

Many thanks in advance.

Emma

Emma Mires BA MA CLIP

Senior Academic Liaison Librarian

Marylebone Library

University of Westminster

35 Marylebone Road

London, NW1 5SL

Telephone: 020 7911 5000 ext.2925

Email: [log in to unmask]

Visit my blog: Architecture & the Built Environment

Visit my blog: Transport

This e-mail and its attachments are intended for the above named only and may be confidential. If they have come to you in error you must not copy or show them to anyone, nor should you take any action based on them, other than to notify the error by replying to the sender.

The University of Westminster is a charity and a company limited by guarantee. Registration number: 977818 England. Registered Office: 309 Regent Street, London W1B 2UW.