From: A general Library and Information Science list for news and discussion. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Hannah M
Sent: 02 February 2011 16:34
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Group study rooms - booking systems

During a recent refurbishment we have had a number of group study rooms built. We are running a paper booking system that allows students to book up to 2 weeks in advance, but for no more than two hours at any one time and for no more than 2 slots a week. However, we are struggling to maintain this system as bookings are cancelled and ammended, as the key cards issued go missing and get damaged and as students are hijacking the rooms...! It also takes up a lot of time at the enquiry desk.

How are other libraries managing advanced booking of study rooms?
Many thanks,
Hannah McQuarrie

Information Assistant
University of Westminster