italian-studies: Scholarly discussions in any field of Italian studies Dear Julia,
You might check the bibliography in the collection of studies on Pasquino and his European fortune, Ex marmore. Pasquini, pasquinisti, pasquinate nell'Europa moderna. Colloquio Internazionale a cura di Angelo Romano e Chrysa Damianaki. See also the giornata di studio on Pasquino organized by the Ecole Francaise de Rome at www.nuovorinascimento.org/cinquecento/agenda.html under July 10, 2010. The latter group is dedicated to a study of heterodox aspects of Renaissance culture.
If there is no good English translation of the pasquinate, there should be. I imagine that talented poets over the years have made translations of their favorites, but these might be hard to locate.
One of my favorite (and shortest) pasquinades is "Pontifex inclemens minimus" (on Pope Clement).
Buon lavoro!
Sincerely,
Jim Ward