THE CARNIVAL OF DEATH
Perceptions of Death in Europe and the Americas

An interdisciplinary Conference and Exhibition organised by
Dr Maria-José Blanco and Dr Ricarda Vidal

24-26 Feb 2011

Institute of Germanic & Romance Studies,
School of Advanced Study, University of London

Public Lectures: Briony Campbell, Paul Preston, Laurie Lipton

Artists include
Colette Copeland, David Glyn, Erik and Rune Eriksson,
Spiros Jacovides, Laurie Lipton, Matt Rowe, Sarah Sparkes

Exhibition Opening times:
Thursday & Friday, 9am - 6pm, Saturday, 10am - 5pm
Jessel Room, Senate House South Block

The Exhibition and Public Lectures are free and open to all,
but the conference is subject to a registration fee.

Conference Programme <http://igrs.sas.ac.uk/fileadmin/documents/Programme_The_Carnival_of_Death_2_.pdf>       Conference Registration form <http://igrs.sas.ac.uk/fileadmin/documents/events/conference/Carnival_of_Death_registration.pdf>

Please note that completed registration forms and fees
MUST be received by Friday, 11th February 2011

This conference sets out to look at death in the contemporary world and how changes in society since the turn of the 19th century have affected our perceptions of death. It consists of three broad themes which interconnect with each other: Death and Desire; Death and Power; and Rituals and Customs. We invite papers from a wide variety of disciplines and approaches such as:  anthropology, art history, cultural studies, film studies, fine art, history, law, literary studies, philosophy, psychology, theology, etc.

For more information go to:
http://igrs.sas.ac.uk/events/conferences-workshops/carnival-of-death.html <http://igrs.sas.ac.uk/events/conferences-workshops/carnival-of-death.html>

Or write to us at:

To join the list, send the message: join italian-studies YOUR NAME
to: [log in to unmask]
To leave the list, send the message: leave italian-studies
to: [log in to unmask]
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/italian-studies.html