Begin forwarded message:

From: Nathan Ensmenger <[log in to unmask]>
Date: February 11, 2011 10:02:08 PM EST
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: QUERY: Concept of Bioaccumulation?

From: Tim LeCain <[log in to unmask]>

Is anyone on the list aware of works discussing the history of the concept of bioaccumulation? I am attempting to determine when this phenomenon was first recognized--whether identified by this specific term or not--as well as the history of the related concepts of bioconcentration and biomagnification. My particular interest is in the historical understanding of bioconcentration of heavy metals by plants, but an examination of other aspects of the issue would be equally helpful. I would be most appreciative of any guidance towards published works, and I welcome individual insights or opinions on the topic as well. Please feel free to respond either on the list or directly to the email below. Thanks!

Timothy James LeCain
Associate Professor
Department of History and Philosophy
Montana State University
Bozeman, MT 59717
Email: [log in to unmask]
Website: http://www.timothyjameslecain.com/
Phone: (406) 570-3317

--
H-SCI-MED-TECH
The H-Net list for the History of Science, Medicine and Technology