Ganesh,
there is a free MATLAB-similar software called octave. Check that one out,
good luck.
Christina

On Feb 23, 2011, at 8:46 AM, ganesh joshi wrote:

 Hello everybody,

I am a student of geology from Nepal. I am searching easy and cheap software package for practice. Can anyone suggest me which is the best software package for geodynamic numerical modeling?
Can anybody help me to get free Matlab or ANSYS software packages for practice? I am glad to get your idea.

Thank you!

Ganesh

Dr. Christina Plattner
Postdoctoral Associate
University of Miami
Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Sciences
Marine Geology and Geophysics
4600 Rickenbacker Causeway
Miami, FL, 33149
United States