Stefanie,

I recommend Babette's Feast.  The women are clearly redemptive.

Elizabeth Weiss Ozorak
Allegheny College
Meadville, PA  USA

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 10:28 AM, Stefanie Knauss <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi everybody,
I'm putting together the syllabus for a course on women and religion in film, and was wondering whether anybody of you had some ideas on films or secondary material on the topic.
I was thinking of using films like Breaking the Waves or Pope Joan, trying to work out which roles (active/passive, victim, seductress, priest etc.) women are given in films and how that relates to the actual situation in religions (I'll have to limit myself to Christianity, with some hints on Judaism and Islam).
I'll happy to share the material with the list.
Best,
Stefanie

--
Dr. Stefanie Knauss