I need the wonderful Gemmers help again!

We have been told by an A level student that they will fail their coursework if they use images provided by us rather than their own photographs.

I can't understand why an image taken by a professional photographer of a mounted piece of costume will not be accepted- especially when it is not in the public domain.

This is going to be a real issue for us- I am hoping that it is only textiles and art a levels and not all of them.

We have some very fragile pieces of costume that we can't keep getting out and having students photograph every other week!

Has anyone else heard of this? I can't believe it is true!

Thanks
Sally
Chertsey Museum