List members may be interested in this new book, currently available at a 20% savings.

This major new 500-page handbook distils the exceptional insights and advice of one of the world's leading thinkers in the field of visitor studies, Stephen Bitgood, a pioneer in the field of social design.

Spanning both theory and practice, it is guaranteed to have cultural professionals thinking afresh about the fundamentals of their organisation's interface with the public. Its insights are crucial to understanding the learning process in museums and cultural organisations - and an essential step towards enhancing their effectiveness.

For all the information about the book, the author, the full contents list, and to order, please visit: museumsetc.com/products/social-design

Among the many key topics covered in the book's highly practical, advice-packed 46 chapters are:
* An Overview of the Methodology of Visitor Studies
* Designing Effective Exhibits: Criteria for Success
* Assessing the Readability of Text
* Sampling for a Visitor Survey
* Practical Guidelines for Developing Interpretive labels
* Principles of Orientation and Circulation
* The Role of Simulated Immersion in Exhibitions
* Social Influences on the Visitor Museum Experience
* Suggested Guidelines for Interactive Exhibits
* The Effects of Instructional Signs on Museum Visitors
* Multicultural Pluralism and Visitor Evaluation
* Ten factors that influence your visitors

Throughout, the emphasis is on achieving better real-world results and on effective implementation.

Because of its importance, we’re releasing this book in our Preview Edition format, which provides early access to the book’s content before it’s published. Order now and you:
1. save over 20% on the published price;
2. receive a free copy of the printed edition on publication in March;
3. get immediate access the text online in its final draft - to read, download or print.

Graeme Farnell
MuseumsEtc

PS We offer all our readers an unconditional guarantee: if, once received, you decide for any reason this book's not for you, simply return it to us for a full refund!