Dear David,

I tracked down your message on the FSL website (it somehow
got into an attachment that was removed in the mailing so it was
just blank for us all!)

The current implementation of cutoffcalc is known to be too
conservative sometimes and it looks like this is the case
for you here.  If that occurs then just ignore the value and
use your knowledge of the design to choose a value, but
double-check that it does not alter the EVs noticeably, as
if it does (compared to no filtering, or a very high cutoff filter)
then you are losing substantial signal from your design
and that will lead to low statistical power.  Don't worry if it
just changes at the ends though - that is to be expected
and not a particular problem.

Hope this helps.
All the best,
	Mark