On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 02:21:38PM +0000, Michael Keaser wrote:
> Michael,
>
> Thanks for your help. I just switched to bash. Fsl works fine now and I can call up the gui.
>
> A few more questions.
>
> If I want to run a simple command at the prompt, let's say  "bet2", with the debian package, do i have to type "fsl4.1-bet2" instead from now on?

No. If you sourced the config file as described in the manpage you can
also call 'bet2' directly. It will execute the bet2 binary that
corresponds to the version of FSL that provides the config file you have
sourced. This is exactly the way FSL is designed to be used.

However, if you want to switch between versions without starting a new
shell session, you can use the versioned commands -- but you don't have
to.

Note that the latter is currently of theoretical relevance only. The
only available FSL Debian package that is designed for coinstallation is
FSL4.1. However, the package is already prepared for an upcoming new FSL
major release that will make this scenario a more practical use case ;-)

Michael

--
Michael Hanke
http://mih.voxindeserto.de