We have had fun preparing for these.  The handbook is excellent though and it has proved invaluable.

Our Ethernet cables are housed within desk bases which cannot be easily reached and I cannot rely on someone in IT to be around to disable internet 15mins into exam so we are using a second person who will collect all the named printouts to give to students to attach to their exam papers plus this ratio for 20 allows us to leave the internet connected but monitored by both invigilators.

Whilst printing carries no marks, the board do require that it is carried out either in the room or nearby but remaining under controlled conditions so our second person will do this.

I will download all data files in a public file which we will give them passwords to on the day that way they won’t be accessible before or after.

Our IT dept have configured Outlook on a global account for students to access email as part of their exam and we are looking forward to the experience!

Lorraine Wood

Exams Dept

Carshalton College