This may be of interest to some of you as the competition is open to international artists...

Call to Artists :: Request for Proposals - Public Art

The City of Calgary Public Art Program and the Transportation Department are seeking a professional artist or artist team with established public art experience for a public art project on two new twinned Gateway Light Rail Transit (LRT) Stations on the 7th Avenue downtown LRT corridor. All artists, including those working in metal, light, new media and interactive sound media, are encouraged to apply.

Budget: A total budget of $1,824,000 is available for both stations or up to $912,000 for each gateway station.

Eligibility: This competition is open to local, regional, national and international artists.

Submission deadline: Friday, April 04, 2011, 4:00 p.m. (Calgary time). Late, misdirected and/or incomplete submissions will not be considered.