Hi:

I have a question related to work health policy.

There is reasonably good evidence that wellness programs at work increase productivity, in addition to decreasing costs related to absenteeism and "presenteeism" (at work but out of it), with a return on investment of about $6 for each $1.  For those interested I can share references.

A natural win-win strategy would be to set tax exemption policies for those wellness programs.  In the US, such a proposed act has not yet been passed, I understand:

http://eba.benefitnews.com/news/workplace-wellness-bill-reintroduced-with-greater-support-2672027-1.html

Is there a precedent in any other country?

Thanks for any tip.

Mayer Brezis, MD MPH
Professor of Medicine
Director, Center for Clinical Quality & Safety
Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center
Jerusalem, Israel

Office phone 02-6777110

Cellular 050-787-4596

Fax 02-643-9730