Dear Jacob,

eTBLAST ( http://etest.vbi.vt.edu/etblast3/ ) is a free web-based service of The Innovation Laboratory at the Virginia Bioinformatics Institute. It is a text similarity search engine currently offering access to the MEDLINE database, the National Institutes of Health (NIH) CRISP database, the Institute of Physics (IOP) database, and the NASA technical reports database. It has a number of features that can be explored in addition to detecting plagiarism.

Regards,

Jatinder Singh

Department of Pharmacology

Government Medical College,

Amritsar 143 001 India

Dear All
I have been sent an article for peer review where I think large chunks have been cut and pasted from elsewhere, without acknowledging the original authors. I however cannot remember  where I have read the articles before, and so I cannot verify if my suspicion is correct.

Does anyone know any software (free software if possible) that allows one to check for such things.

One way is to 'Google search' for an operative sentence but the numerous hits make it tiresome.

Any suggestions welcome.

Warm regards

Jacob M. Puliyel MD MRCP MPhil
Head of Pediatrics