Help needed by the Save EMA campaign. Please reply to them, not me!

From: EMA Campaign [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 17 February 2011 16:47
To: Cooke, Melanie
Subject: Save EMA campaign continues

Dear Save EMA supporter,

Thank you for your support so far in the campaign to save the Education Maintenance Allowance (EMA). The government have yet to reverse their decision to scrap EMA but with the Chancellor's budget still over 6 weeks away and the new academic year months in the future, the campaign continues!

We need your help again to move EMA up to the political agenda.

The Education Select Committee is an influential committee in parliament that looks specifically at education issues. It is currently looking into the issue of young people aged 16-19 and their participation in education. They want to hear about EMA and whether it works.

We don't think the committee should just hear from so-called 'experts'. They need to hear from people who see the impact of EMA on a day-to-day basis. They need to hear from people like YOU!

Click here to answer the committee's questions and let them know how EMA effects you, your institution and your local community:

http://emacampaign.org.uk/email-the-education-committee

Yours sincerely

Save EMA campaign team

---

We are emailing you because you signed the Save EMA petition at: http://emacampaign.org.uk/sign/

If you don't want to be contacted again, please email: [log in to unmask]

*********************************** ESOL-Research is a forum for researchers and practitioners with an interest in research into teaching and learning ESOL. ESOL-Research is managed by James Simpson at the Centre for Language Education Research, School of Education, University of Leeds. To join or leave ESOL-Research, visit http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ESOL-RESEARCH.html A quick guide to using Jiscmail lists can be found at: http://jiscmail.ac.uk/help/using/quickuser.htm To contact the list owner, send an email to [log in to unmask]