Hello all
You will find this blog worth a read - it's written by 'Alec Turer' ... who no longer works in ESOL.
James
*****

Since September, having gone on garden leave in July from my post teaching ESOL in an FE college, I've been blogging as Alec Turer. Today's post at http://alecturer.blogspot.com/2011/02/first-of-month-and-no-returns.html recounts my return to the college to get my final payment - and urges readers to sign the petition at gopetition. I've had approx 2500 readers since September - so we should get some more signatures.

ESOL-Research is a forum for researchers and practitioners with an interest in research into teaching and learning ESOL. ESOL-Research is managed by James Simpson at the Centre for Language Education Research, School of Education, University of Leeds.
To join or leave ESOL-Research, visit
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ESOL-RESEARCH.html
A quick guide to using Jiscmail lists can be found at:
http://jiscmail.ac.uk/help/using/quickuser.htm
To contact the list owner, send an email to