Free conference - a few places still availble.

Enhancing Business Performance: The Role of Technology in Developing Skills and Knowledge
Date: Monday 21st February 2011
Venue:  National e-Science Centre, 15 South College Street, Edinburgh EH8 9AA
Time: 09:30 – 16:00
Cost: Free

Enhancing Business Performance: The Role of Technology in Developing Skills and Knowledge
Date: 21 Feb 2011
Start Time: 09:30 am
Location/venue: e-Science Institute, 15 South College Street, Edinburgh

Description
Both Higher and Further Education institutions are actively engaged in a wide variety of initiatives to enhance Business Performance through the development of Skills and Knowledge.

This free one-day conference is being organised by the JISC RSCs in Scotland in partnership with The Higher Education Academy Scotland team to explore how institutions are turning increasingly to technology to provide Business and Employer Engagement solutions. The conference itself will include a variety of sessions exploring current issues, practical resources and advice in the areas of Business and Employer Engagement.

Some of the themes to be explored in the conference include:

    * Technological solutions: opportunities and challenges
    * Developing the internal strategy: communication, culture, recognition and buy-in
    * Relationship management: what are the benefits/the costs?
    * People and processes: professional development and skills for engagement
    * Student Employability: skills and attributes learners should expect to develop

The conference will provide an opportunity to explore key finding, resources and issues which have arisen during a range of initiatives both JISC and the Academy have been supporting.

For more information, a programme and booking details go to: http://www.nesc.ac.uk/esi/events/1127/

Eddie Gulc
Senior Adviser

This email is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please accept our apologies. Please do not disclose, copy, or distribute information in this email nor take any action in reliance on its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Please inform us that this message has gone astray before deleting it

Please note that views expressed in this email are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Higher Education Academy

Please note that this e-mail has been created in the knowledge that Internet e-mail is not a secure communications medium. We advise that you understand and observe this lack of security when e-mailing us

Although we have taken steps to ensure this e-mail and attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free

The Higher Education Academy Registered No 4930131