Hi

Many thanks for those who have got back to me about ideas and reflection on serving customer needs using digital equipment.  The main point of interest surrounds the use of mobile texting and other developed technology should users require information and assistance on demand.

It was suggested that looking at it in a cognitive way it is more the nature of the relationship, the nature of the support we wish to offer.

If people wish to use  our services the methods by which they wish to inform  us are possibly increasing due to the popularity and  availability of digital equipment .  This gives more freedom to the user who can prompt, can possibly be pro –active,  in requiring assistance at the point of contact.  This in turn could enhance customer service.  As Roving support we will be physically meeting the customer/users needs, a reversal  from the days of the user seeking out the fixed point of enquiry.

If there are any institutions/Libraries in particular, using these devices please let me know your experiences.  We are  in the project stage of looking at this with a view to enhancing the customer experience and would like to hear from other public space domains who already use these

Many Thanks, and regards

Alison

Alison Kudlowski

University of Salford

The Library

Adelphi Building

Salford

Tel:  x56082

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + DLNET list: Contact the list owner for assistance at [log in to unmask] For information about joining, leaving and suspending mail (eg during a holiday) see the list website at https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=DLNET + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +