Dear All

FYI

Colin

 ArsVivendi E-mail Magazine No.43 (February 28, 2011)
We, Global COE Program Ars Vivendi, would like to let you know the
following four news.

1) We have made an English-version page of Gendai Shiso (Feb. 2008
issue).
http://www.arsvi.com/m/gs200802-e.htm

2) We have been enriching the contents of Disability Studies.
http://www.arsvi.com/ds/ds-e.htm

3) We have been publishing two other language versions of
e-mail magazines in addition to this English-version one.
http://www.arsvi.com/a/em-e.htm

4) Our program members have conducted various kinds of global
research activities. The following is the brief report written
by Haruo Sakiyama.

Last March, I visited the United Kingdom. The aim of the trip was
to meet a lot of scholars in order to exchange some ideas
concerning the sociology of emotions, and studies of emotions.

Especially, I enjoyed meeting with Professor Pam Smith at the
University of Edinburgh and her partner. The reason was that I had
studied under the supervision of Professor Pam during my sabbatical
from September 2008 to September 2009. We enjoyed discussing both
some of the topics that I had studied during the sabbatical and
cultural differences in emotions.

 HaruoSakiyama

*Please click below for more detailed information about our program.
http://www.arsvi.com/a/index.htm
http://www.ritsumei.ac.jp/acd/re/k-rsc/ars_vivendi/english.html

We are eager to promote collaborative research projects with
disabled patients' advocacy groups, non-profit organizations, as
well as domestic and international researchers.

[Ars Vivendi E-mail Magazine]
For comments, subscription and cancellation of this e-mail magazine,
please e-mail [log in to unmask]
For past issues of our e-mail magazine, please take a look at
http://www.arsvi.com/a/eme.htm

General Editor : Shin'ya Tateiwa
Chief Editor : Minoru Kataoka
Publication : Research Center for Ars Vivendi,
 RitsumeikanUniversity
56-1 Kitamachi, Tojiin, Kita-ku, Kyoto, Japan 603-8577