From: Dance in higher education. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Lise Uytterhoeven
Sent: 17 February 2011 09:32
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Choreographic Forum - Society for Dance Research

Dear colleagues and friends,

please see below information about the Choreographic Forum, a new initiative by the Society for Dance Research.
The forum is set up to enable a group of people to meet four times a year, watch a show together and gather one week later to discuss it.

We're starting with the Forsythe Company's performance "I don't believe in outer space" only a week from today at Sadler's Wells, for which we still have a few tickets booked at a reduced group booking rate for Weds 23 Feb, 7:30pm.
The discussion forum will take place on Weds 2 Feb, 6:30pm (venue tbc), where there will also be an opportunity to purchase Steven Spier's book "William Forsythe and the Practice of Choreography" at a reduced rate.

Please let us know if you'd like to sign up for our inaugural session on Weds 2 March, and/or book one of our reduced price tickets for Weds 23 Feb, by emailing us at: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
We would also like to hear from you if you'd like to be included in our email list, and/or if you have any propositions about future shows you might want to see and discuss.

Finally, we would like to inform you that our next session will be held in mid-April 2011 in collaboration with Independent Dance and will focus on new work presented as part of 'What Now' (more information to follow).

We look forward to hearing from you and to welcoming you at one of our meetings!

Best wishes
Efrosini Protopapa and Lise Uytterhoeven

________________________________

Society for Dance Research

Choreographic Forum

The Choreographic Forum is a new initiative aiming to support an exchange of thoughts on current dance and choreography. It is set up as a series of roundtable discussions, during which we will reflect on a performance that we will have watched together, in a theatre or elsewhere in London. We will meet four times a year, and each session will begin with two short statements by two invited speakers who will then lead the discussion.

Inaugural Session:
The Forsythe Company: I don't believe in outer space
Sadler's Wells Theatre, Rosebery Ave, London EC1R 4TN

Date & time of joint viewing: 23 Feb 2011, 7:30pm
[Pre-Show Director's Conversation: 6:15pm]

Date/time of discussion forum: 2 Mar 2011, 6:30pm [venue: tbc]
Invited speakers: Dr. Helena Hammond & Tamara Tomic-Vajagic

Free for members of the Society for Dance Research
£7 full price / £5 concessions (students)
[SDR membership costs £30 / £26 concessions]

This email and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the addressee and may also be privileged or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the addressee, or have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately, delete it from your system and do not copy, disclose or otherwise act upon any part of this email or its attachments.

Internet communications are not guaranteed to be secure or virus-free. Roehampton University does not accept responsibility for any loss arising from unauthorised access to, or interference with, any Internet communications by any third party, or from the transmission of any viruses.

Any opinion or other information in this e-mail or its attachments that does not relate to the business of Roehampton University is personal to the sender and is not given or endorsed by Roehampton University.

Roehampton University is a company limited by guarantee incorporated in England under number 5161359. Registered Office: Grove House, Roehampton Lane, London SW15 5PJ. An exempt charity.