Actually I might consider something like this - as a way to 'warm up' before jumping on the bike to go somewhere and keep the legs moving whilst at my desk - but not as a substitute for riding.

Then again my preferred working position is perched on a drawing office stool or standing at a slightly sloping drawing board/desk, so I'm in a semi-upright riding position already. That certainly would boost my daily (virtual) mileage but I suspect the taxman won't allow a virtual 20p/mile.... unless the Big Society vision includes a 'saving costs placed on the NHS' benefit through healthier workplace activity' virtual cycling mileage rate.

DH

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew Page <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 10:19
Subject: 'Pedal while we work' idea raised by scientists in US

I couldn't help but notice this on the BBC website today.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-12453494

Surely they are missing something obvious...

Matthew

Matthew Page
Independent Consultant
email:  [log in to unmask]
mob:    +44 (0) 7947 140177

Please note my normal days of work are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday