From: Discussion list for the Crisis Forum [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Alastair McIntosh [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 21 February 2011 14:32
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: So ... what now folks?

Beautifully put, Steve. What you say about “structural violence” is crucial.

I am enthused by this discussion, including all John’s prods about geoengineering. It is bringing us round on a much deeper spiral of looking at the underlying dynamics of psychology and violence, but also, of hope as in the Middle East example (and why I sent out that Gene Sharp link earlier).

The really big picture is that this is all about the evolution of the human condition and our task is not necessarily to “win” in a narrow sense, but to set in place the tools for thinking, and being, that can allow that evolution to happen.

A.