Hi Craig and all,

I am aware of two uses of the phrase

Erica posted "Please can any officer of the Community Psychology Section advise
me whether the section is producing a statement or advice to Local Councils on
the effects of cuts to services" and Greta earlier used the phrase in her post
"a complete record of the damage these cuts are having on people and services
should be made and regularly posted to the Government, I would also be
interested in anything so far done by Community Psychology officers".

I assume the phrase is being used  to refer to office bearers in the Community
Psychology Section of the BPS. Jacqui Akhurst  is the Chair of the current
Section Committee, Ho Law is the treasurer and various other people - inclusing
me - are serving on this in different ways,  although it should be remembered
that this committee is only an interim arrangement pending the election of
office bearers by the Section membership at its first AGM. As a member of the
Section interim committee. I know that two members of the interim section
committee are involved in  trying to draft an article which would 'exemplify
some of the values and praxis of community psychology' and hope to include case
studies of 'community psychology in practice'. I think it would be great if at
least one case study addressing the cuts was included. I am confident Sally
(Zlotowitz) would be pleased to hear of any suggestions.

This List (this list) does not have 'officers' of course (as opposed to
co-moderators) nor any formal structure of authority within it (thank goodness)
but occasionally a 'statement' has been produced quasi-collectively by List
members including more recently our Statement of concern by members of The UK
Community Psychology Discussion List regarding Dr Kenneth Zucker’s invited
keynote lecture at the British Psychological Society Division of Clinical
Psychology Conference 2010 and further back the York Poverty Statement on
poverty. The production of a list statement re the cuts from a community
psychology standpoint would be possible in principle.

Separately I happen to be aware via John (Cromby) (not an officer as far as I am
aware) that the Midlands group is considering writing collaboratively with
others about the 'implications of the cuts' but don't know where this is up to.

best wishes,

David