Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 10:52:09 -0800
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] quality homology model
To: [log in to unmask]

    Hi Susy,

    Before going into details: you have to get the alignment right.
    After that, you may look into packing quality and geometry of your
    models.

    Regarding the parameters you are interested in: I talked to a guy
    from the Sali lab (Modeller) about quality assessment of homology
    models. He recommends to compare the gromos or anolea profiles per
    residue (or whatever packing score your software uses) to the
    template. In case there is gap: pay attention to the alignment!
    Regarding cut-off values (what's ok and what not) you may want to
    look into published work on your modeling software and/or contact
    the authors directly.

    Another way to look at model quality, and maybe more significant, is
    to check geometry (clashes, rotamers, bond angles etc.). You could
    use MolProbity for that. The supplementary material of the following
    article contains a good example (Table S1) on the evaluation of a
    trimer interface:

    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20457942

    Good luck!

      Oliv