Dear ALL:

       Recently I am expressing one protein in BL21(DE3) and the protein undergoes N-terminal degradation.

       I am trying to keep this crucial N-terminal tail on the protein, which has MRS at the first 3 positions.

      Digging in to the literatures, I found the N-end rule, which tell that the proteins bearing N-terminal Arg or lys have much shorter half life.

     I am not sure whether this is my problem. However, I want to found one E. coli mutant strain that lacks aat and is unable to degrade N-end rule substrates that bear N-terminal Arg or Lys.

     Does anybody know such strains?

    Thanks a lot and have a nice weekend,

Jerry,