But I don't know what will happen if we make a cluster by hundreds and thousands of iphones.

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 9:25 PM, Xiaoguang Xue <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi,

Your idea is very cool, but i think it's difficult to run CCP4, Coot or Phenix on iphone/itouch. Because the CPU of iphone/itouch is very slow and the graphics engine is also not good enough for these programs.

But I think we can install an SSH client app on iphone/itouch/ipad, such as iSSH, then we can control our server or workstation by iphone/itouch, and we can run these 'big' software remotely. If this can be considered working on an iphone, I think we can do that.

Nice weekend!

Xiaoguang