Hi Careina,
  There are several places on the web that describe the
PIR format  (also called NBRF) E.g.
http://www.ebi.ac.uk/help/formats.html#pir
http://www.bioinformatics.nl/tools/crab_pir.html
etc.
The program readseq -- either via command line or
webserver -- e.g.
http://www.ebi.ac.uk/cgi-bin/readseq.cgi
http://iubio.bio.indiana.edu/cgi-bin/readseq.cgi
http://iubio.bio.indiana.edu/soft/molbio/readseq/java
can convert from many formats into PIR format (called
NBRF for output choice). Or you can convert from
fasta to pir pretty easy with a text editor if
it is just something you do occasionally.

However, since you mentioned that you wanted  a pir format
file for use with arp/warp. I should mention that arp/warp
will only accept .pir files with a blank comment line
(i.e. the line after the 1st line (which starts >P1;)
must be blank rather than containing a free text
description of the sequence).

Regards,
Mitch