Another vote for Ubuntu.

I have to say that a Live CD version is not a good test of this excellent Linux distro. We have 3 identical PCs. On two of these the latest version of 10.10 64bit live cd loads to a blank (completely black) screen. Google: "blank screen ubuntu live cd" - thankfully there is a remedy that works.   A few month old 10.10 64bit live cd works fine on all of three machines (?!)

But once the system is installed it runs fine (automatic updates, etc). The documentation is good and there is something useful written on any problem I've seen so far. The native ubuntu nvidia/nouveau driver problem (what a stupid headache!) is solved in 10.10 (the current version) and one can enjoy fully automated kernel upgrades, which include building a new nvidia kernel module automatically.

Cheers,

Petr

Sent from my iPhone