On 02/15/2011 04:36 PM, vineet joshi wrote:
> Dear CCP4ers,
>
> Is there any specific way that can help me locate the interactions between
> ligand (GTP) to any other residue in the protein(GTPase) using CONTACT. And
> how do I run CONTACT for a number of .pdb files(around 650) in one single
> step and separate them based on their interactions without running it
> individually for each of the .pdb file. The latter method is too time
> consuming so I need something quicker. Also, I am unable to get access to
> the script file for contact. Can someone please help me in this regard.
>
> Regards,
>
> Vineet Joshi

Have you looked at the PISA files held at the EBI for every structure.
These should include the ligand-protein interfaces already calculated.

Or if you look at the GUI and call up contact for one pdb

You will get a script like this:
ncont XYZIN
"/y/people/ccp4/projects/sinRbit/SinR-C_rem-inf-pk-shel-nat_buccaneer3-sym1-coot-3_lsq2.pdb"

source "A/*"
target "B/*"
mindist 0.0
maxdist 5.0
cells OFF
END

That would give contacts between chains A & B

I can see no automatic way of identifying how ligand and protein are
labelled in your 600 GTPases though..
Eleanor