From: For staff working with care leavers in F and HE [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Roger Adrien
Sent: 17 February 2011 11:02
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: The 'business case' for Care Leaver Bursaries

Hi,

Care Leavers are entitled to Local Authority support until they graduate or turn 25. If they meet this criteria they can access the bursary we offer. They also need to provide a letter from their local authority confirming their status. Formerly, we allowed over 25's to access support, but this wasn't viable. However, some of our over 25's currently work as mentors and in study support on our programmes for LAC.

In terms of persuasive arguments, the stats speak for themselves as does the "By Degrees" research. Also, the fact that 88 other HEI's are moving forward with this agenda. So they don't want to miss the boat!

Roger

Roger Adrien
Aimhigher
Support and Liaison Officer