I just received this email about serial joint-interviews with
patients+others over the course of a disease that takes a long time to kill.
Not narrative interviews, though, but a suggestive project for longitudinal
research.. And the results might be rather less superficial using in-depth
narratives, even BNIM one-to-one.

Best wishes

Tom

P.S. Social science researchers. For a free electronic copy of the current
version of the BNIM Short Guide and Detailed Manual , just click on
<[log in to unmask]> . Please indicate your institutional affiliation and
the purpose for which you might envisage using BNIM's open-narrative
interviews, and  I'll send it straight away.

It builds on and develops ch. 6 and 12  of  my earlier textbook, Qualitative
Research Interviewing: biographic narrative and semi-structured method (2001
Sage Publications) which has a more general approach to semi-structured
depth interviewing, interpretation,  and writing-up.

P.P.S. Anybody. If you might consider volunteering in a small village
(Kanaama) in South-West Uganda, or in making a contribution in some way or
other to its development (particularly through our  women's micro-credit
project which is just starting) please click on www.kiafrica.org.

  _____