I have just rewritten part of the Short Guide and Detailed Manual in respect
of a criticism about the 'textsort aspect' that I have just received. I am
very grateful to the researcher for raising the matter.

I think that, properly used, the creation of a sequentialisation by breaking
up the flow of telling by gist and by textsort 'chunking' is a powerful
practice for generating more understanding of the 'transcript' and the
mutations of meaning in the interview. I have tried to indicate this in the
extract attached.

I am sure that the researchers on this e-list would welcome other people's
experience of doing textsorts, and of using them, and their experience may
well be very different from mine. All the more valuable.

Best

Tom