-----Original Message-----
From: A discussion list for Assistive Technology professionals.
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Robbie Corbett
Sent: 06 February 2011 21:20
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: temporary disable Ipad home button

On the face of it there are two options if you don't want to jailbreak:

o A hard plastic case (that blocks the home button);

o Or develop a bespoke app that allows greater control over the iPad as you
run the iPads in developer mode....

Just found "BubCap". Is it durable enough? http://papercliprobot.com/

On 6 Feb 2011, at 21:03, E.A. Draffan wrote:

> I am working with a group of students with complex needs at a special
> school on a project that involves the use of iPads.  Some students are
> constantly pressing the home button and we need to temporarily disable it
whilst they
> access their chosen apps.   The iPads have protective sleeves that are
> incredibly tightly fitting so putting a thin plastic strip with duct tape
> over the button does not work.   Sadly all the other home button
protection
> ideas appear to be for kiosk mountings.  Does anyone have any ideas?
>
> We do not want to Jailbreak the iPads, but this seems to be the only
> way to get a software solution.
> http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=931043
>

> Sticky gum ideas tend to become easy targets for certain students and
> are pulled off in a few minutes.  Many thanks for any thoughts on the
subject.

> Best wishes E.A.
>
> Mrs E.A. Draffan
> Learning Societies Lab,