There are just a few places still available at the Archives Discovery Forum 2011 on 2 March, hosted by the UK Archives Discovery Network at The National Archives.

The last fifteen years have seen a revolution in the ways archives are discovered. The Forum is an opportunity to connect with the latest thinking around online access to archives and archive data. With a mix of plenary speakers, group sessions and informal networking, it will be a chance to make connections, to develop new partnerships and to promote your own work on making archives more accessible through online development.

There's also a space set aside for informal demos, so you can bring along a laptop and showcase your latest work!

Speakers include representatives of AIM25, the JISC/RLUK Resource Discovery Task Force, Talis, UCL, the Archives Hub, the British Library, People's Collection Wales, Data Standards Group, A Vision of Britain, Genesis and Ancestry.com, discussing a variety of discovery issues from linked data to volunteer transcription projects, from open source software to new interfaces, and from funder priorities to crowdsourcing and user engagement. You'll be able to experience the latest developments in the TNA Labs and see how We Are What We Do are using community involvement to bring archive content to life.

To book a place at this free event, email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>. Please give your full name and institution (where applicable) when booking. You don't have to book the demo space, but we would like to know if you're considering bringing your laptop along to demonstrate something!

*

The UK Archives Discovery Network was formed by a group of like-minded archivists and information and information professionals who believe that we can work together to more effectively expose our archives through the opening up of descriptive information and the use of technology and shared expertise. Find out more at www.ukad.org<http://www.ukad.org>, and keep in touch by joining our listserv at https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=archives-discovery-network.

*

Melinda Haunton
Secretary - UK Archives Discovery Network

National Archives Disclaimer

This email message (and attachments) may contain information that is confidential to The National Archives. If you are not the intended recipient you cannot use, distribute or copy the message
or attachments. In such a case, please notify the sender by return email immediately and erase all copies of the message and attachments. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message
and attachments that do not relate to the official business of The National Archives are neither given nor endorsed by it.